Effective deworming depends on the right amount of dewormer getting into your horse. Make sure you give your horse the right amount of paste for his size, and that he swallows all the paste you give him. Adjust the syringe to your horse’s weight by locking the ring at the correct weight marking on the plunger. Be sure to read the product information in its entirety before deworming your horse.
- While holding plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger ¼ turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by making a ¼ turn to the right. Ensure it is locked (it should no longer slide).
- Make sure that the horse’s mouth contains no feed.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse’s mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing.